This has been coming for a while, but I thought I would just lay it out. So if I were in charge of the country there would be some serious changes.
First of all, I would need absolute or near absolute power. Some people would object to this, but that’s only because they don’t recognize certain realities, like:
1. It is in the nature of power to concentrate.
2. What most people really want in their heart of hearts is a supreme ruler or monarch who rules based on their values and beliefs.
I might take the title of King or Emperor. Emperor might be better, since the US isn’t really a nation anymore, but an Empire. In the classical sense “nation” refers to a people group, whereas an empire is multiple people groups governed by a common administrative body. Also, when I was in college “Emperor” was my nickname, so it’s only fitting that I be called it.
Some people may balk at this, but bear in mind that Obama is already ruling like a king. The difference is he’s making stupid and subversive left wing decisions, whereas what I would be doing would be cleanup.
Also, the Constitution is not really being followed anymore. Obamacare and the “gay marriage” mandate violate the separation of powers clause (10), and it’s ridiculous to think the 2nd amendment is in good shape when there are still all sorts of military weapons the average citizen cannot have.
Now let’s get down to it. I will list the changes I would make, and in no particular order.
1. I would get rid of the UN. Why the US is funding that body is beyond me, but under the best of circumstances the UN is a useless joke. Personally, I believe that any attempt at world government is Satanic. There is no utopia, harmony, or perfect system. The best thing is for different people to leave each other alone. The UN has leftist and Islamic dictatorships on it’s human rights council. This is like assigning a wolf to guard the chicken coup. It’s ridiculous, and needs to be kicked off of US soil. If other people decide they want to form some rubbish international government and pay for it themselves, then fine, but the US will not participate in it nor recognize any of their resolutions. No foreign body will have any authority over the US.
2. All the liberal/leftist states who don’t like what I’m doing can leave. They can take a referendum vote and secede if they want, or whatever. However, once this is done, then they will not be allowed back into the US for the same reason why India isn’t welcoming of Pakistanis. A border fence will go up and they will be kept out.
3. All entitlement programs will be stopped. I might not do it all at once (even though I believe it should be done), and I would keep pensions for retired veterans. Welfare is going to be killed upfront, and if people riot and wreck stuff then I will authorize the police to use lethal force. None of the police will be tried for racism or anything else as this happens, so people had better behave.
4. All the government make-work jobs will be killed. Government will be downsized to the point where it can be run off of a sales tax. Income tax will be killed, and any Federal property taxes will be killed.
5. The Federal Reserve will be killed, and the government will take back up the responsibility of printing money. The money will be set to an ore standard. The reality is, paper has little-to-no intrinsic value. Taking the dollar off the gold standard was what gave rise to rampant inflation. I may not return us to the gold standard, but money would fixed to various types of ore and other hard minerals so that it’s value is more stable. The dollars will be vouchers.
6. I would take “Novus Ordo Seclorum” off the money. There will be no new world order on my watch.
7. All foreign aid will stop, especially to Muslim countries. I don’t see why US tax payers should have to fund the governments of other countries, or donate to their citizens. If those other people fuss then too bad. They should have developed their own countries instead of leaching.
8. There will be no more Muslim immigration, and I will work on repatriating the Muslims who are here. I will declare that the US is a western country, and anti-western ideologues will not be allowed in.
9. I would put up a wall against Mexico, and repatriate all the illegals. If Mexico doesn’t like it then too bad. I’m sick of Mexico, it’s murderous rabble invaders, and it’s government. I will allow them to trade with us, after all, I do like getting mangos and papayas in the grocery store, but I’m tired of getting their citizens. This will stop.
10. There would be no more birthright citizenship. If you are not a citizen your kids will not be, unless your spouse is a citizen.
11. I would only let in such immigrants as are are good for the country. This may disproportionately favor the citizens of some countries over others, as well as some occupations over others, but that’s life. People are not equal, and cultures are not equal.
12. We will no longer do the bidding of Saudi Arabia. If Saudi Arabia is scared of Iran or ISIS (which I doubt), then they can deal with it themselves. They already have more than enough money and trading partners to create a powerful high tech army of their own. If their intellect is too low to create new equipment they can buy it. If they are too elite and special to go off and fight, then they can hire Asians and Indians to do it, just like they hire Asians and Indians to do most of the other work. But regardless, it’s not going to be our problem in the US anymore.
13. All Christians and Jews in the North Africa-Middle East, and Central Asia region will be permitted to come to the US as refugees. “Muslim” and “Refugee” don’t belong in the same sentence together.
14. The Federal government will not be involved in education, marriage, or religion. All of those things will be up to the states, as a distant government is not close to the local populations and therefore is not the best fit to determine what they do. If anyone does not like how the states do things they will have to cry and/or go somewhere else.
15. The soldiers will come home. We are not going to engage in fights on behalf of other countries, or keep a constant military presence all over the world. We won’t be doing the “world police” thing anymore.
16. All the anti-Confederate nonsense is going to stop. In fact, just to annoy the left I might change the official flag to the Rebel Flag.